President Trump

Republican House, Republican Senate, and Donald Trump is the next President of the United States of America. AP just called it. Hillary just conceded, and I’m sitting in front of the TV ready to hear Trump give his acceptance speech, surrounded by people shouting “USA! USA!” I’m in shock. God help us.

Donald Trump has won.

I think the pollsters underestimated the White Male vote. We live in a very dangerous time. The people have spoken, and this is what we’ll have to live with.

I’m not sure what to say since I’m in shock right now. I suppose that at some point, we’ll have to look across the aisle to see why this happened. How this happened. What we need to do going forward. I know some of my friends are hurt and saddened and will feel like withdrawing. I hope this doesn’t happen. As I’ve said many times, the extremists are running things, and one side happened to win the presidency. Let’s cross the aisle and listen to one another. Most of us are not extremists. But even among those who are, we need to reach out to them too.

Everyone, stay safe. If you’re a long-time reader of this blog, let me know how you’re doing. We can’t trust the media, but we can trust our friends.

120 thoughts on “President Trump

  1. Let me ask you a question Byron. Your friends who voted for Clinton. What is their stance on affirmative action? How have they ever treated your discussions and debates over affirmative action?

    If Clinton had won, we would have seen a resurgence in leftist extremism, flooded by the kind of cash that follows an election winner.

    We would have seen “narrative specialists” entrenching themselves into race relations, policing, academia, foreign policy, economics, even science and mathematics where they use their carefully honed skills at creating stories to talk about something they know absolutely nothing about, in order to generate so much noise that people can’t tell what’s true or false anymore, because the masses would no longer have the ability to independently interpret reality.

    We should take the opportunity to FINISH the job.

  2. Trump can thank a corrupt democratic machine (that reinforced the idea of a corrupt establishment) and an out of control regressive left for helping him win this election. It’s not the whole story, of course, because he also rode a wave of racism and xenophobia to the white house.

    The only hope I have is that this dude is more level headed and smart than he lets on, but I’m not holding my breath. These are going to be an interesting 4 years. I almost want to sing this to George W. Bush: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeaVSgP7Kd0

  3. The result is what I have expected, no surprise at all. Seeing people mountain people sea at his rally and a large percentage of Chinese immigrants coming out to support him with unprecedented enthusiasm, I know he has good chance to win and those polls are all wrong.

  4. This is the US version of color revolution. I don’t think it will be that bad, at least won’t be much worse than a Clinton victory.

  5. This is exactly what the White Christians wanted. Trump lead Clinton by almost 50 points in rural areas, and was behind Clinton by only about 10-15 points at best in urban areas among Whites. Hatred for immigrants and Muslims is what this election was about.

    However, Trump is going to select one Supreme Court judge at best and at worst a couple of more perhaps. So, we might end up with 6-7 republican Supreme Court judges … and that change will be more profound than just suffering the next 4 yrs.

    Good job White Christians. You deserve Trump. And Giuliani and Newt.

  6. “This is the US version of color revolution. I don’t think it will be that bad, at least won’t be much worse than a Clinton victory.”

    Supreme Court.

    Yes, it would be much much worse.

  7. Yes, the Supreme Court. Asian Americans (mostly Chinese immigrants) will win the law suit against Harvard.

  8. “I think the pollsters underestimated the White Male vote. ”

    Numbers are still pouring in … but its not just White males … Clinton didn’t do that great comparatively among White women as well. The White Christians have gone nuts everywhere in the world … there seem to be a trend towards the hard right.

  9. “Asian Americans (mostly Chinese immigrants) will win the law suit against Harvard.”

    That might be a small fry compared to court decisions regarding women’s rights, intrusion of Christianity in public life, influence of corporation in politics as if counting corporation as a person was not bad enough.

    My views on affirmative action is well known but in the global scheme of things, the Harvards of the US (take top 30 univ.) is an insignificant number of undergraduate students … whereas the SCOTUS will touch on things that will effect almost everyone.

  10. @Notty,

    “and an out of control regressive left for helping him win this election.”

    I actually disagree. The more leftist part of the Democratic party was held in check because they had a more centrist Clinton as the nominee. Just like in the Republican party, I think its the more radical elements that will become unshackled after this defeat. In the short term that might be a better strategy as offense as the best defense. Someone like Bernie appeals more to me than Clinton … one only wonders if the Democratic party hadn’t so easily handed the nomination to Clinton. Sometimes people need to grand vision instead of detailed nuanced policy statements.

  11. Wait til Trump have to stand up in the future in front of the angry white voters to explain why he has failed them even more. There will be no place to run.

  12. @John Doe, what I mean is that they’re not just voting against Hillary, but against the trend they were perceiving. It’s probably the reason Republicans swept everything.

  13. “Wait til Trump have to stand up in the future in front of the angry white voters to explain why he has failed them even more.”

    As far as anyone can tell, this guy has only looked after his own interest by whatever means. He is already the president. He will just make some money, and talk loudly as if he is telling the truth. Best case scenario, he will me impeached.

    White people think he is a straight talker because he talks loud. The damage would be profound. The only silver lining for me is that this guy says what White people think but don’t say out of politeness. He won the White vote because he thinks like them. Even in urban areas (even women voters) he was not a lot behind Clinton.

  14. That might be a small fry compared to court decisions regarding women’s rights, intrusion of Christianity in public life

    ,
    I don’t think SCOTUS will roll back their rulings over these issues.

    influence of corporation in politics if counting corporation as a person was not bad enough.

    Seeing big corporations’ relationship with Clintons, their foundation and her campaign and their support to her, I don’t think situation can get worse. To the contrary, Trump doesn’t owe those big money anything in his campaign, he has more freedom to do what he likes.

  15. “I don’t think SCOTUS will roll back their rulings over these issues.”
    We can only hope and pray but can’t be sure what activist right wing super majority SCOTUS might do.

    “To the contrary, Trump doesn’t owe those big money anything in his campaign,”

    Maybe for the campaign but you do not know his debts and what he owes to big money. As a start, his tax return might shed some light … if only.

    “Seeing big corporations’ relationship with Clintons, their foundation and her campaign and their support to her,”

    I am talking about Citizens United. This is more profound than some politicians with some business connections. What if we have a Trumped up version of Citizens United from SCOTUS.

  16. mmjames wrote:

    Wait til Trump have to stand up in the future in front of the angry white voters to explain why he has failed them even more. There will be no place to run.

    Wishful thinking. The usual MO for these politics is to blame the scapegoats and not the elites that screwed them in the first place. Buckel up, it’s going to be a crazy 4 years against minorities of all kinds. We’re going to be hearing the racism, sexism, xenophobia against Mexicans, Muslims, Chinese, LGBT and those women the Donald considers not hot enough.

    On the other hand, can we expect something like Gaddafi’s personal death squad harems? lol

  17. @ChineseMom,

    Where are the numbers? I’m trying to find the exit polls for Asian Americans, but it’s been overwhelmingly Asian Americans supported Clinton.

    I personally voted for Jill Stein because CA was going to go Clinton anyhow. But most people felt they had to vote strategic rather than with their hearts. If the DNC had paired up Bernie as the VP then this election would’ve been much, much different.

  18. @mmjames,

    …. and “Married With Children” reboot.

    When you consider Duck Dynasty and Honey Boo Boo are some of the most watched “reality” shows and Palin was considered more wholesome than the Obamas when she has all kinds of family issues back in 2008, you know what ‘Murica is about.

  19. Here’s what I just posted on my Facebook:

    I voted Hillary. I did so because I feel Trump is the least qualified presidential candidate in history. I didn’t sleep much last night.

    But I will accept the outcome, see Trump with an open mind, and hope he is successful. A good friend who is a Trump supporter (yes, I didn’t unfriend anyone over this election, and I still have friends on both sides) told me before the election that Trump doesn’t believe half of what he says, and that he was only saying what he had to say to get elected. Trump was lying (like Ted!) in order to get elected. I think my friend is right…which is a good thing.

    I worry most about our warming planet and our foreign relations. Putin is celebrating at least four years of free reign in the Ukraine. Kim Jong Un is probably feeling similar emotions. I fear whether it’s possible for someone with no government experience to effectively lead the federal government. Trump’s grasp of economics is surprisingly weak. He knows less about foreign policy than I do. But Trump has energized a forgotten demographic, not all of whom are deplorable (though obviously many are), and maybe it could be a good thing for us if he can bring forgotten people into the conversation. He’s spoken about cleaning up the inner cities, which is a good thing to fix; while the inner cities aren’t nearly as bad as he says, the situation is pretty bad. He’s spoken out against political correctness and has called for more honest conversation. He has no experience as therefore hasn’t proven he can actually deliver, but at least some of his ideas are right.

    So although I’m sad about the outcome, I think we’re all going to be okay. I hope we can all move forward, and yes, I hope we can all root for Trump’s success. Cheers.

  20. White Christians chose Donald? No. Cultural Marxists chose Donald because their strident idiocy was a foreshadowing of what life in America would be like if Democrats held the office for another term.

    The Republicans had imploded. After the Moron Bush years and two masturbatory Tea Parties they could not put up a single credible candidate for the presidency. Then, the democrats and their backers JUST HAD to fuck it up for themselves by getting clever.

    It was not enough that people had to sit through all that mumbo jumbo about “the 99%” and zero changes after the presidential elections were done with. Now, they had to put up with Safe Spaces Activism, Mattress Protests, Video Games Controversies and “Black Lives Matter” – because Identity Grievances were the surefire win method of getting out the vote.

    Well? Did it succeed?

    The appeals to reason did not work. Therefore it has to be done the hard way. The Republicans should FINISH the job once and for all. Twist the screws until they break so that we never again have to listen to leftist idiocy and can instead move on to REAL policy.

  21. I slept maybe three hours last night.

    But I’m comforted by the fact that Trump has family and is looking to build a legacy. I don’t believe he’s a conservative or a liberal; he’s a nationalist who is looking to build his brand. Hopefully that means he won’t drag us into any stupid wars.

    I think I’m most concerned about global warming, GMO’s, and the other ways corporations screw us. Hopefully he doesn’t cause irreparable damage. But if my friend is correct in saying that he doesn’t believe what he says, then maybe things won’t be so bad.

  22. What would Hilary have done for Ukraine? Work together with her friends in Chatham House to issue press statements white washing the role that fascist militias are playing in the Ukraine? After the last defeat even the sale of anti-tank weapons to Ukraine is off the table. The Ukrainian army and fascist militias were not defeated by armor. They were defeated by surprise and ambush, and more importantly an overwhelming force that no European country wants to get dragged into. The Europeans will draw a line at the Baltics, not Ukraine. Neither will America send its assets to the region when there stands a good chance of 30% casualties and losses of anything you field, even if the Russians suffer more.

    Why would Kim Jong Un celebrate? Their entire strategy depends on the West and the speculative markets behaving predictably to their threats of escalation. Do you think the leadership of North Korea would sleep well facing an adversary that is just as much of a loose cannon as they are? What exactly would North Korea do if America fired a few cruise missiles into the country? What would happen if a maverick president escalated tensions on purpose just to demonstrate to the North Koreans that the free world can in fact survive the disorder and chaos?

    The inner cities will not be cleaned up. The leftists will be committed to making sure the inner cities remain shit-holes. How can they let their mortal arch-enemy fix a problem they have always bandied as the Man’s fault? That would be as good as hanging themselves. They will increase their grievance activism and identity politics in order to push America and especially the minorities further into un-reason.

    The leftists cannot be reasoned with. Therefore they can only be dealt with conclusively. Trump is the president they voted in to the country with their actions. Therefore Trump needs to fulfil his purpose and that is to Finish the job.

  23. Trump wants to scrap the EPA. That’s good! The rest of the world can turn to the EU.

    You must understand that scrapping the EPA and letting the corporations run amuck will not just be Trump’s doing. It is also the work of millions of public relations graduates who find out that the best they can do is to work for whoever holds the purse strings, and if these purse strings say “99% activism and black lives matter is hip today” and then it isn’t tomorrow, then they will work for GMO and pesticide companies to confuse and befuddle fellow Americans… the same way Malcolm Gladwell used to work for big tobacco.

    Don’t blame Trump. Don’t blame “The Man”. Blame the agents of “change” who were more willing to cry bully for themselves and their special victims instead of for all Americans.

  24. “White Christians chose Donald? No.”

    I am new at this democracy thing. I call the people who voted for Trump as the ones who chose him. No point blaming others for how White Christians vote. No point blaming others for White Christian family values or lack there of.

    “then maybe things won’t be so bad.”

    We will have about 20 years or so to find out. Time to let the rural Whites enjoy what they asked for. Cut out govt. regulations, and let the bottom line and religion dictate policy whether its the environment or health or safety.

  25. We’ll see a good picture when the results are analyzed in detail for voting tendencies, if anybody cares to do so instead of the usual punditry. My hunch is, Trump only won because there wasn’t the same enthusiasm for Hilary as there was for Obama, and even better yet, the actions of her backers and supporters drove otherwise apathetic people right into Trump’s arms.

    General observations over who voted for Trump will not suffice. The micro-details matter. The grassroots campaigning is done on a micro-level. If we want to understand how Hilary lost, that is where we’d have to look

  26. @bigWOWO,

    A good friend who is a Trump supporter (yes, I didn’t unfriend anyone over this election, and I still have friends on both sides) told me before the election that Trump doesn’t believe half of what he says, and that he was only saying what he had to say to get elected. Trump was lying (like Ted!) in order to get elected. I think my friend is right…which is a good thing.

    I’m either very cynical or really, really don’t believe Trump has the brains to pull off this kind of act consistently as long he’s been doing it. I seriously think he’s the worst kind of fascist demagogue there is and even more irrational, flippant and emotional than a premenopausal Hillary. lol

    The election showed how Trump indeed doesn’t believe half of the things he says because he consistently denies and lies about what he said before, like the James Lamb-Fang type of rhetoric, in order to get out of iffy situations with decorum. What his core belief systems will be is to give more tax breaks to the rich, corporations, and pillage the country for his own profit – fascism 101.

    The GOP steamrolled thru the house and senate and presidency and it’s gonna be the greatest reality show ever, the best. lol

  27. Is David Wong pulling another Yi-Fen Chou? Can I call myself John Whiteman then?

    Sorry, but that cracked article is full of inconsistencies and logic plotholes themselves never checked like their other youtube/articles on mainstream movie logic plotholes. First he blames the mainstream media for showing negative portrayals of white rural people, but at the same time says he believes everything about the mainstream media’s portrayals of rundown and decadent inner cities but not condemn those racist portrayals.

    Then he applauds the mainstream media for depictions of “mavericks” and heroes like Hunger Games and Iron Man, albeit all these heroes still have to conform to their definition/version of the Christian faith. Nonetheless, he applauds movies for showing good people in small towns and the bad people in big towns, despite earlier dissing on how big city elite “liberals” created negative images of rural folks.

    Lastly, he grieves over how “the liberal media establishment” (despite having no evidence for it) constantly disparages them as rednecks and they have no relatable heroes except for a protracted list of “mavericks.”

    Other than these rambling points without any consistent central argument, does he even realize what it feels to be a minority in USofA, especially an Asian American male when we have nothing except for racist mockery from the media all the time? Cry me a river.

    It’s the sense of entitlement that everybody in this country thinks they’re owed, except for immigrants. Immigrants have no choice except to lift ourselves up by the bootstraps and work like dogs to survive. He wants opportunities? Work in the farm fields that consistently has seasonal openings. Or even in the cities where Asian Americans segregate into ethnic burbs and toil in sweatshops in hopes of their kids getting a good education and better futures.

    It’s the system that’s fundamentally broken and Trump isn’t going to do a thing to fix it.

  28. BigWOWO, you are so dense. The crap you feel about Trump is the same crap that the same media feeds Asian women and minorities against Asian men and China.

    Trump is a real person. His platform is much better for Americans and the world in the long run. Rip up free trade, outsourcing, and foreign workers. Disband NATO, crack down on illegal immigration, and get tough on crime.

    If you used your head, you would realize his platform is way better than Hillary’s neoliberal platform.

    We can only hope he can accomplish his goals.

  29. I haven’t felt this optimistic about an election for a long time. Blame Whites and evangelicals for Trump’s victory. Why not blame Barack Obama? He appointed a liberal to the Superme Court: Sonia Sotomayor. Next the liberal wing, allowed Gays and Lesbians to get married. He forced Obamacare down our throats. Now the premium has gone sky high. When the Republicans complained, all he said was “we won the election.” He did not let you keep your doctor. He did little to address the violence in the streets of Ferguson, Missouri and other places following police shootings. A large number of electors are unemployed in many states. The nation is in debt over trillions of dollars. Illegal immigrants crosses the border at will taken jobs away from Americans and to those who are here legally. The nation is divided thanks to Obama who fail to heal the rift between the two parties. Tax’s the rich policy.
    The middle class felt the pain of his ignorant policy. Finally, there’s his failed foreign policy that scared Israel to death. And the stupid Iran deal. I forgot about North Korea and their nukes. He left Iraq to defend for themselves. He doesn’t have a policy for the Mideast.
    There maybe othand things that I miss. Now you want to know why the Dems and Hillary lost. Her delted emails and she had no plan to address any of the issues that Obama created. She is an elitists. People only thought of her as an extension of Obama. That is why she lost.
    Congratulations to Donald Trump and the RNC who now control both house.
    Now I bet something will get done.

  30. Police kept close tabs on the protest. Some officers did little to hide their disdain for the protesters. One wore a large “Trump” button on his hat, while others traded taunts with the protesters.

    “You know this is why Trump won,” Officer Jason Lenski said after one protester asked where his KKK hood was. “Because people are sick of liberals.”
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-trump-hotel-protest-chicago-20161109-story.html

    “People are sick of liberals”, this is one of the main reasons that Chinese immigrants overwhelmingly support Trump this time.

  31. @ChineseMom,

    “People are sick of liberals”, this is one of the main reasons that Chinese immigrants overwhelmingly support Trump this time.

    Where is your DATA? Or articles to back up this claim?

    Fusion sayz there’s actually 75% Asian voters went for Hillary, more than the 65% polls previously:

    http://fusion.net/story/368617/exit-polls-asian-americans-supported-trump/

    And other google news aggregate all indicate a dramatic swing to Democrats (unfortunately in many ways) in the last 20 years.

    https://www.google.com/#tbm=nws&q=asian+american+vote

    Where’s the data or media outlets that claim otherwise?

  32. aardvark,

    I showed you the DADA several weeks ago, but you dismissed it as fake, what can I do? If you don’t believe me, you can ask your parents.

  33. My parents both supported Hillary and said the same thing about the various Chinese news outlets they browse.

    There might be bias, but seems consistent from the overall trend online and offline.

    And both of my parents were part of the “sent downs” which I’m guessing you never went anywhere near hard labor during the cultural revolution…

  34. As I’ve said many times, the extremists are running things, and one side happened to win the presidency.

    I don’t think extremists are running things. I know for the fact that there are voters who voted Trump just solely based on the fact that they don’t like Clinton, her husband baggage, and their foundation.

    Simple as that.

    What’s it gonna be is White Nationalists are gonna enjoy a free pass for their whims when it comes to sensitive topics.

  35. Two questions are coming to mind right now:

    1. Where were the Black Lives Matter activists when it came to getting out the vote? We saw Hillary mention them several times in response to the news of shootings and the protests, but why weren’t they getting out the vote?

    2. Why are all these college kids protesting right now? Do they think Trump is just going to resign after all that? Even if they got that Carlton Banks-like kid from Mizzou to jump in front of Trump’s car, why would Trump resign? What are these people looking to accomplish?

  36. 1. There were some BLM activists who even organized vanpools to get out the vote. It’s been overshadowed by the obviously more sensationalist news in the elections.

    2. Feels like the good old 60s again. At least people are galvanized and organized for social changes. Trump might not resign, but at least the democratic process is finally starting to turn after years of apathy. This is the way “peaceful assembly” was intended by the framers of the Constitution.

    Apparently overwhelming numbers of white people voted for Trump for obvious reasons, or “you know what” in Trump’s terms. I’m just miffed at NPR’s liberal feel good lines of “post-racial America” 8 years ago when Obama won, I knew at the time there’s no such thing and just goes to show how this country really works.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/us/politics/white-women-helped-elect-donald-trump.html

  37. Why wouldn’t white people vote for Trump? According to stupid leftists being white and a male is a good reason enough to vote another candidate.

    This isn’t a white people vote, it’s a repudiation of stupid leftists vote.

    You brought white people to Trump with your unceasing racial rhetoric.

  38. You brought people of color WHO WON THE POPULAR VOTE to Clinton with your unceasing racial rhetoric.

    The cultural divide is very real and evident and the browning of ‘Murica is inevitable. Time to find me a Latina wife and multiply the baby making factors of population growth. ^_^

  39. Talking about the popular vote in the presidential elections is the heights of irrelevance. The President is not elected based on a popular vote. Moreover, WHERE IS YOUR DATA?

  40. I think Seth Meyers did the best routine in reaction to the election:

    https://youtu.be/bEskg0Z-NAQ

    However, other than mentioning Tammy Duckworth (a hapa), he also left out Asian Americans and Native Americans as people who’s issues need to be addressed.

    But the sentiment is still towards appeasing the right-wing disaffectations of white people, whereas for Obama it was appeasing the left-wing disaffectations of white people in terms of assuage “the liberal guilt” without any real effort to address the concerns of minority groups like Asian Americans and Native Americans.

    For instance, the mainstream media doesn’t even mention the good news that the sheriff actually backed off the Lakota reservation and temporarily leave them be…

  41. The President is not elected based on a popular vote. Moreover, WHERE IS YOUR DATA?

    http://bit.ly/1dvIhVU

    And is it DejaVu all over again for 2000? That’s actually the main issue with the electoral system: coasts have more people but less representation. Might’ve made sense in 1780 mostly farming society, but for today?

  42. So many stories, but no story for your own missing “DATA”.

    Did James Fang infect you with his mental VD?

  43. Good luck getting rid of the electoral college. Don’t you need like 2/3 majority of states agreeing to change the constitution? Plus, people always complain about it when they lose, but stay hushed when they win.

    I’m not trying to minimize the problem. I mean, turnout for this election was a pitiful 54% or something like that. That’s what happens when you think your vote doesn’t count.

    The local elections in P.R. have drawn an average of 79% of the electorate from 1970 to 2000 (I have not found stats for subsequent years). There all that counts is the popular vote, so I can’t help but think that it would be different if the U.S. got rid of the electoral college.

    That being said, I think it’s still stupid not to vote since more of your life is impacted by the local officials you elect than by far away politicians in Washington, so you’d figure that 46% of people who stayed home would want a say in that…

  44. Sengge Rinchen wrote:

    Did James Fang infect you with his mental VD?

    Definitions here! What’s mental VD? Like your venereal kind?

    According to a simple input into google (http://bit.ly/1jlGtDH): Clinton = 59,938,290 vs Trump = 59,704,886 but Clinton is expected to gain more as mail in and provisional ballots.

    If you’re that lazy then no wonder all your lies is the same as James Lamb-Fang trolling empty rhetoric.

  45. The Blah wrote:

    How would the media respond if this happened after Obama was elected?

    There were protests and some small level of violence after Obama was elected in 2008. It just goes to show there’s a huge cultural difference between the paleo-conservatives and the rest of the world.

    It’s gonna be the best entertainment for the next 4 years, believe me, nobody does the best like Trump does the best.

    http://www.yomyomf.com/so-here-are-some-of-the-things-that-happened-the-day-after-trump-was-elected/

  46. @Nottyboy,

    I don’t think they’ll change the electoral college system anytime soon, because it’s just too entrenched right now as the US political process.

    I just think it’s fascinating how a system created in 1780 where like 95% (I’m making this up, of course) of the country are farmer landowners and small scale private home manufacturing where the electoral college and senate was meant to protect the interests of the smaller states is now wreaking havoc in 2016 where only 1-2% are farmers (I’m making it up again, of course) and corporations (legal people without consequences) own 99.999% of the food and manufacturing process.

    There needs to be changes for sure, but how and to what extent is something else that needs actual political science studies to see how to fix the issues properly and not screw people over.

  47. I think nuanced_perspective says it very nicely about the election and my own sentiments about this country. This is what Asians deal with on a daily basis at work and walking down the street – I just had some idiots scream “go back to China” again this past weekend as the cowards sped away.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/aznidentity/comments/5c5m54/sharing_is_caring_trump_means_everyone_is_living/

    Some of the comments at the end are trolls, but nonetheless #WeAreAllAsianMenNow

  48. Are there surveillance footage of who did it? Otherwise, sounds like the UCLA Asian student union graffiti a few years back: false flag operations, just like faking the Gulf of Tonkin.

  49. Interesting article many here would believe.

    http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/09/trump-won-because-leftist-political-corr

    However, the fundamental logic flaw with the article is that Trump voters are most likely not college educated whites, so that means the argument of PC campus culture doesn’t affect them directly. Whereas white educated voters are more likely to vote Clinton.

    I would point fingers at Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, An Coulter, Alex Jones et al for perpetuating the MYTH of PC culture and anti-whiteness in a globalized economy where ELITE WHITES put profit before the poor whites and use their media as a means to scapegoat.

  50. That is not surprising. Lots of people have misconceptions and make myths about things they don’t know about, like evangelical churches.

  51. Climate change was my biggest concern but I can see things a bit differently once I think about it. Devil’s advocate perhaps.

    The earth is getting warmer in the short term. NASA and all other scientific authorities like to show us charts of the past century or two. But graphs of larger time scales show that CO2 levels are much lower than they were a few million years ago, before humans existed. They are even lower than in previous geological eras, the mesozoic, the paleozoic, the precambrian. What this means is that there seems to be little correlation between human activities and CO2 levels. On the other hand it’s equally possible that human evolution is caused by, rather than the cause of, global warming. Not that we should intentionally pollute the environment — classic straw man argument.

    The way mainstream scientists present information about climate change is emotionally charged, intellectually dishonest. They are not immune to skepticism and suspicion.

  52. “Why are all these college kids protesting right now? ”

    The protest could be a good thing unless it becomes directionless like the occupy Wall St. The protestors should make it clear to the Democratic Party leaders to not give in on the party’s core values. All these talk about bipartisanship sounds good but its useless. The Republicans understood it and opposed Obama on everything.

    Its a divided country, and centrist like Clintons are from a bygone era. In my opinion, the Democratic Party should listen to the grassroots and turn hard left on economic issues. Everything is so polarized, there is nothing left in the center. The White elites should listen to the popular sentiments in the left. There is a reason why Bernie Sanders resonated with so many people. The cultural liberalism is just a feel good factor, its the economic issues where Democrats need to come up with a plan. I mean who in their right mind would want some corporations to decide which medical insurance expenses are justified or not instead of elected officials that can be held accountable. Who in their right mind would want corporate interests to decide medical ethics (stem cell, human cloning, GMO, whatever) as opposed to elected officials? And now we will have Christian nut jobs running the country.

  53. In think the Russian and the Chinese government supported Trump to get rid of TPP and TTIP. Unfortunaely, it was necessary to scapegoat Chinese Americans and Taiwanese Americans. But if you think about it, Clinton is hawkish on Syria. There are rumours that the Chinese military will intervene in Syria. It will result in an indirect war between NATO vs. Russia+China+Iran+Syria. Your situation will be far worst if Clinton win the election, because everyone would think that you are a spy, because you look oriental.

    In my opinion you need a third party platform to get out of the voting game that favour the median voter – that is still an old white male. Bernie Sanders fall was a disaster for Asian America. And you should also find a way to get rid of the black middle class that organize the block vote for affirmative action. The problem with the black middle class is that it depends on liberal elites and not on merit. The black middle class was useful in the Vietnam war era, because it channeled black rage into the electorial process. Affirmative Action reproduce the black middle class after they lost their usefulness long ago. We need free education not affirmative action. Affirmative Action will always benefit the right wing, and we need to be tough about undocumented immigration.

    In a world of stagnation unchecked immigration will always benefit the right. In order to stop undocumented immigration, we have to terminate NAFTA that creates the misery in Mexico. I am not against Mexican American, but against breaking the migration regime. Naturally you need a deal with Mexican American elites and maybe you should find a way to work better with Irish American and Italian American. In reality white American is a misnomer. The economic crisis is hard for the Irish and Italian American and very comfortable for English, German and Finnish American. There are no festivals for white pride, but festivals for Irish and Italian American identity politics.

    By the way you need a Gold Broker and some kind of Digital Gold Currency for value storing. And I think you should start to pool money to install DIY Security and establish virtual neighborhoods. DragonFly has a good offer, but you need in addition own security guards. That means enough gun men.

    The old fashioned bookish Asian nerd is not working anymore, start establishing militia and invest in land to install training grounds. For youth work you can make it playful with Boyscouts and Laserdome, Gotcha, Paintball and Airsoft. You need a tough community police with support from private security guards. And of course you need own fire fighters.

  54. John Doe wrote:

    And now we will have Christian nut jobs running the country.

    The only thing Christian about the current GOP establishment is in name to pull a fast one over real Christians. They’re the Roman empire and the Pharisees rolled into one.

    Lots of Christians who follow the words of Jesus are against Trump.

  55. Bipolar Bear wrote:

    On the other hand it’s equally possible that human evolution is caused by, rather than the cause of, global warming.

    LOL At least I give you kudos for believing in evolution instead of the regular right-wingnut evangelical Ken Ham sheeple.

    Yes, human evolution did arise out of warming and arid climate change in Africa FROM a cooling trend after the Indonesia volcano eruption; but that doesn’t mean increasing CO2, methane, and NOx levels are “helpful” to human society right now.

    The way mainstream scientists present information about climate change is emotionally charged, intellectually dishonest. They are not immune to skepticism and suspicion.

    Who are these people? Most scientific discussions I’ve seen are facts and data based and not policy influencing. It’s only at the political pundits Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and Sean Hannity level they’re making these abhorrent character assassinations against scientists.

    FYI, science is about skepticism and suspicion and that’s the only way to arrive at truth about the natural world.

    As far pre-historic temperature changes and correlation isn’t causation: pre-historic CO2 levels come from ice cores and are indirect observations of atmospheric concentrations in polar ice, whereas today is all about global averaging from scientists all over the world. That’s a tall order of conspiracy if you don’t trust the data.

    Whether you believe in human caused CO2 global warming or not (which it is directly measurable because you have no other sources that put out such levels), Pascal’s Wager is a more safe bet than just to keep on polluting. You really want to live in China’s pollution even if it’s a conspiracy by them to keep America non-competitive?

    Also, FREE electricity form renewable sources would DECREASE costs of manufacturing in America and that’s better than expensive and volatile fossil fuels from troublesome parts of the world.

  56. @Junwei,

    I’m somewhat a bit more “optimistic” than running for the hills and becoming a prepper. I don’t think Trump can screw this country any worse than the Bush administration because he has more direct business interests with the rest of the world than the Halliburton gang of Bush #2 regime.

    But it’s gonna be tough next 4 years for sure, especially for the same demographic that voted for Trump thinking he actually does have their best interests at heart.

    I recommend everybody see Michael Moore’s Trumpland, and then the inane “One Nation Under Trump.”

  57. “The only thing Christian about the current GOP establishment is in name to pull a fast one over real Christians.”

    Quack like a duck, walk like a duck, whatever. Support Trump, and thats your family value. The Christians need to start asking What would Jesus grab? At some point people have to take responsibility for how they vote, and what they stand for.

    What would Jesus grab? And how hard?

  58. Does anyone look at the data? Seriously, anyone?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/exit-polls/
    Trump got
    58% of the white vote
    8% of the black vote
    29% Latino

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/245878/voter-turnout-of-the-exit-polls-of-the-2012-elections-by-ethnicity/
    Romney got
    59% white
    6% black
    27% Hispanic

    Trump did worse among whites and better among minorities than the last Republican presidential candidate.

    re aardvark
    “Whether you believe in human caused CO2 global warming or not (which it is directly measurable because you have no other sources that put out such levels), Pascal’s Wager is a more safe bet than just to keep on polluting. You really want to live in China’s pollution even if it’s a conspiracy by them to keep America non-competitive?”

    No, decisions are to be taken at the margin of marginal cost versus marginal benefit.

    “Also, FREE electricity form renewable sources would DECREASE costs of manufacturing in America and that’s better than expensive and volatile fossil fuels from troublesome parts of the world.”

    If renewables are competitive against other forms of power generation, then there is no need for government involvement. They aren’t. The issue is a simple one- while they are getting more efficient, energy storage isn’t.

    Also the fossil fuels the US burns are coal and natural gas, which are produced in the US. Oil is used to run cars, not to generate electricity.

  59. @Sam,

    No, decisions are to be taken at the margin of marginal cost versus marginal benefit.

    Isn’t that like deficit spending? Have future generations pay for our greed today?

    If renewables are competitive against other forms of power generation, then there is no need for government involvement. They aren’t. The issue is a simple one- while they are getting more efficient, energy storage isn’t.

    There are lots of alternative ideas for energy storage, but it’s also about the grid being able to balance renewables. You can’t use one source fit all solution.

    Renewables are definitely competitive. Otherwise you can’t explain how China is the world’s leader in green energy. Even Germany, Holland, Denmark’s shitty winter weather hasn’t stopped them from 80%+ renewables today.

    Also the fossil fuels the US burns are coal and natural gas, which are produced in the US. Oil is used to run cars, not to generate electricity.

    Strategic oil reserves: use up other people’s resources first.

    US coal and natural gas are only cheap because of government subsidized inftra-structure, otherwise there are goals for electric vehicles that far supercede crude oil gasoline. Lots of examples on youtube from other countries.

  60. “Isn’t that like deficit spending? Have future generations pay for our greed today?”

    It is how people have to allocate limited resources.

    “Renewables are definitely competitive. Otherwise you can’t explain how China is the world’s leader in green energy. Even Germany, Holland, Denmark’s shitty winter weather hasn’t stopped them from 80%+ renewables today.”

    China is also building coal and nuclear plants- it looks less ‘renewables is competative’ and more ‘China needs more power’.

    Germany exports energy (and so still has a large amount of conventional energy slack), Denmark uses Norway to store power (hydroelectric dams); no idea what the Dutch do.

    “Strategic oil reserves: use up other people’s resources first.”

    Clarify; no idea what you are referring to.

    “US coal and natural gas are only cheap because of government subsidized inftra-structure, otherwise there are goals for electric vehicles that far supercede crude oil gasoline. Lots of examples on youtube from other countries.”

    What subsidized infrastructure? Coal can be transported by train and the natural gas pipelines are privately owned.

    No idea what the second half is referencing.

  61. Sam wrote:

    It is how people have to allocate limited resources.

    What sorts of “limited resources” here are you thinking of? Because RENEWABLES are sort of UNLIMITED by definition…

    China is also building coal and nuclear plants- it looks less ‘renewables is competative’ and more ‘China needs more power’.

    Germany exports energy (and so still has a large amount of conventional energy slack), Denmark uses Norway to store power (hydroelectric dams); no idea what the Dutch do.

    China got 1.4+Billion and it makes sense they need electricity as fast and as cheaply as they can. But if it weren’t for renewables, the demand for polluting sources is even more drastic than current deployments of solar, wind and hydro-electric. I also consider nuclear power to be clean, but it’s a matter of better designs and disposal where they have to encase the spent uranium in alloys to bury it, instead of making armor piercing bullets.

    Netherlands have tidal power generation.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f03o1ydbC1A

    Clarify; no idea what you are referring to.

    The US has “strategic oil reserves” and is capable of oil generation to last the US for at least 50 years from what I read. It makes sense though, to go into the Middle East and use up other people’s oil first because the US wants to limit its own supply output for future.

    But there’s no reason for this since even OPEC is implementing solar and tidal to build for the future.

    What subsidized infrastructure? Coal can be transported by train and the natural gas pipelines are privately owned.

    US crude oil industry is both directly and indirectly subsidized by the government – military interventions and tax breaks. When you look at history, “whats good for GM is good for America” can also be applied to the railroads and telegraph industries.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_subsidies

    http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/09/report-shows-oil-industry-benefits-5-3-trillion-subsidies-annually.html

    https://www.treasury.gov/open/Documents/USA%20FFSR%20progress%20report%20to%20G20%202014%20Final.pdf

  62. See, ChineseMom, this is what I was talking about. Yes, he’s not politically correct, and that has the potential to blow up the censorship and crybullying from the liberals. But outside of shock value, Trump is incompetent in just about every other area of governing.

  63. It’s actually a brilliant play by Russia to divert attention to China (Putin’s jealous of their economy) and NATO to focus on military/economic distractions in SE China Sea while Russia makes a grab for Ukraine and the former Easter Bloc countries.

    Trump is Putin’s best agent ever, the best.

  64. This is a fuss over nothing. The Chinese side, and even the rest of the world expects randomness from Trump. They are not watching his words, they are watching for actual policy shifts.

    Democrats should once again think twice before crying wolf over Trump. If every matter is a crisis just because he is Trump, sooner or later people will tune out, or may even provide him greater support just to spite the cry-wolfers.

    Case in point should be Pipsqueak over here. He is not even respected by other “liberals” when he tries to school them on proper “liberal” doctrine and ideology. We do not even need to think about his foreign relations analysis and the other matters he tries to look knowledgeable about.

  65. Byron,

    That phone call only proves once again that he is ignorant and a loose canon, we all know that already, no one will take that seriously.

    Trump could be incompetent, but he administration may not be as long as he uses competent people. Seeing so many of his former opponents suck up to him, he is doing better than I had expected.

  66. Trump should re-energize strategic weapons sales to Taiwan, especially with regards to submarines with underwater launch capable ATACMS or something similar. Taiwan’s deterrent abilities have been neglected for a decade. It is time to quietly build it up.

  67. Those Japanese-asshole licking Taiwanese secessionists are not people I can respect. They are ethno-nationalists, identity politicians groomed by Western interests. I’m just waiting for the time when they will pull an Aung San Suu Kyii on Taiwanese women raped by the Imperial Japanese Army by waiting until everybody died and then stonewalling the handful of survivors. Their failure to understand that Taiwan is a very small place, a mere province in the world compared to countries, will cost the Taiwanese people dearly if their nonsense is believed by the public.

    But if Taiwan falls then the last alternative to Communist rule in Chinese history dies with them.

    The Taiwanese ethno-nationalists should be put to pasture but the Taiwanese must have more options in securing their rights against a China that is rapidly overshadowing them in a world that has forgotten them. A deterrence against invasion and military attack is a must and cannot be taken for granted.

    But the main weapon of the PRC against Taiwan is merely something it has consistently employed for many years: steady isolation so that even the people, much less the vague concept of an anachronistic government in exile and island country, are forgotten.

    If the PRC can militarily overwhelm Taiwan, if the consequences are considered minimal, then they may do so, because evaluations of legacy are done in future timelines of hundreds of years. However it is more likely that any military action that is taken will be done in order to prove a political and strategic point:

    1. The indecisiveness and lack of calibration on the part of Taiwan’s allies and partners on how to respond to escalations and the threat of full-blown war
    2. The economic moribundness of mere provinces next to an engine of growth
    3. The weaknesses of Taiwan’s defences that will be demonstrated like how America demonstrated Able Archer 83 to the Soviet Union – the fear is that this may be demonstrated physically and not by mere demonstration
    4. Scale: Taiwan really is just a province, and even more so if it reduces itself to an island nation. China is going all out to prove that anything Taiwan does it can do better, anything Taiwan has it has more of,

    The Taiwan strategy under Obama has not changed much since Clinton. It has brought some stability and a means of assessing the status quo without the posturing, intrigues and manipulations of military-intelligence elites assured of major power backing. But we have enough information.

    America’s Taiwan strategy fails because America no longer understands why Taiwan is even important. America cannot understand Taiwan beyond the identity politics it thinks is a brilliant idea. Taiwan’s importance cannot be explained only in terms of legacy defense pacts against America’s historical and ideological enemies. It cannot be explained only in terms of “China containment”.

    Trump provides America the supreme opportunity to reverse a decade of policy and attribute it to random chance.

    LOL!

  68. Okay, so we agree he’s a buffoon.

    I just wonder if it’s possible for a buffoon to successfully lead a team. If you and I know he’s a buffoon, it’s likely that his underlings know the exact same thing.

  69. We don’t agree at all. You have to respect your enemies when bigger issues and goals are in play. You have to assume conspiracy and cunning until the opponent proves themselves so inept (to your active probing) that any suspicion that they can pull off a surprise has been put to rest.

    Nothing about Trump suggests that he is a buffoon. Maybe his mouth and his attitude is an eccentricity. That does not automatically mean he is incapable of strategic depth.

    When it comes to a new actor outside the established system like Trump, what you want to do is to ensure that you have some means of influencing him.

    The PRC and the entire world understands this. The American Democrats and Anglo-American “liberals” however seem to have decided just to talk smack to him and remove themselves from the equation. Is this their winning formula?

    Liberals in America are FUCKED if they continue with this idiocy.

  70. Do you know what “liberals” should be gearing up for in the face of a Republican senate and Presidency?

    They could be gearing up to oppose legislation that would have wide-ranging negative effects, such as the repeal of laws meant to apply the precautionary principle to technology, or the re-enactment of failed past attempts at mass monitoring like SOPA and PIPA.

    That would mean liberals would have to do more to educate the American public and raise the IQ levels of their supporter demographic.

    You won’t. The “liberals” will continue with their identity politics, crying racism, homophobia, misogyny. They will be contented with socking it to the white man with triumphal displays of feminist and queer victory. (Racial victory is out of the question and will be kept at the margins)

    Democrats and “liberals” in America and the UK are real sons of bitches and children of curs.

  71. Sengge Rinchen the armchair model UN ambassador secretary general admiral-general is a hypocrite. Calling Trump critics crywolf and saying others ignore them all the while giving Trump a pass for being the biggest boy that cried wolf.

    Racist neo-con hypocrite is as racist neo-con hypocrite does.

  72. “Sengge Rinchen the armchair model UN ambassador secretary general admiral-general…”

    Lol…

    Well I do not know what possessed me either

  73. Byron,

    Everything his critics said about him is correct. I said at very beginning that he’s a buffoon. It is so obvious, of course his underlings know this too. But this also means he can be easily controlled. I think this is part of the reason we see GOP establishment is united to help him now. I guess most of his agenda as the President will be the GOP agenda, I don’t expect much from him.

  74. ChineseMom,

    Here the Buffoon goes again:

    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/11/politics/donald-trump-china-taiwan/index.html

    He’s an emotional guy. I wonder why the Leftists don’t like him more, given that they come from the same emotional, shoot-from-the-gut base.

    Assuming we break from China, the cost of our manufacturing will go up. We’ll get zero cooperation at the U.N., and we’re going to have 1.3 billion fewer customers for our domestic companies. Trump knows this since his companies manufacture in China. He’s trying to bluff, but I’m pretty sure they can see right through it.

  75. If it’s a manufacturing problem, I’m assuming our companies will just move to Vietnam or Africa or something, although I don’t know how easy that is.

  76. China has cheap electricity and seemingly endless supply of cheap labor. Unless Americans stop shopping at Walmart and willing to pay market rates for US manufactured goods, there’s no way anyone in the industrialized West can compete with the China sweatshop.

    Automation is another big reason for loss of manufacturing, but compared to human intelligence and dexterity right now the technology isn’t as cheap as China’s sweatshop.

    Trump is profiting from China, but blames them because he’s the standard GOP racist to scapegoat others while extorting the numbskull voters; nothing new there.

  77. He can’t tweet about what he doesn’t know, so that’s a clever way to stop himself from saying something he shouldn’t. 😀

  78. In other words, Trump is bad for the economy because the bulk of the people who dislike him are cravens, unable to move beyond consumer spectatorship to get physically involved in causes and issues that will make a REAL impact in the REAL world.

    They should trade places with the civilians stuck in Mosul so that they can all be killed off with coalition airstrikes and Islamic State shelling.

  79. Raicst chickenhawks wishing to kill off people of color to push their own global hegemony, nothing new. *YAWN*

  80. The people of color would be saved by moving them to America, and the white liberal parasites and their Asian cucks to Mosul in their place.

  81. Having the right-wingnuts run the country and importing lackeys of color is like having pedophiles run the kindergarten.

    And why are Haole racists like Sengge Rinchen obsessed with people of color genitals?

  82. trump will MAGA

    hilary and the clinton foundation were exposed by wikileaks in pay for play corruption. they sold political favors for bribes

  83. So what does everyone make of the whole involvement with Russia that is coming to light regarding Trump’s circle?

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

    Already I have seen Trumpkins bringing up that time Obama told Medeved that he would have more flexibility to negotiate after his re-election. I don’t know what the equivalency is since, under Obama, the NATO missile defense system was implemented despite Russia’s objections.

  84. It doesn’t surprise me, and yet it surprises me very much.

    What’s been most shocking about the last month is how incompetent Trump is. I mean, really, I thought he was incompetent before, but I had no idea to what extent. It’s mindblowing how many scandals his staff has had–in less than a month! People aren’t even talking about repealing Obamacare anymore because it’s hard to get things done when your staff is plagued by scandals, ethics violations, and general incompetence. There are two main problems:

    1. Trump refuses to learn or isn’t smart enough to learn how to get things done in Washington, and
    2. There’s no accountability in the Trump White House

    We already suspected the first (though some were hoping for a turnaround), but I think most of us underestimated the second. Trump had made it pretty clear in his dealings with Kasich that he was not going to bother doing anything with foreign policy, that that was a job he was going to delegate to the Vice President. It became even clearer when he announced he wasn’t going to waste his time getting national security briefings but that Pence would take them instead.

    Problem is that these clowns don’t work for Pence, and so they feel free to mislead him. It seems clear that foreign policy needs to be under the direct command of the President, who cannot simply delegate the job. With all the interpersonal wars going on in the Trump circle, it’s not clear that Pence has any more control than anyone else. So who is in charge?

    That North Korea thing was also a mess. How do you conduct national security business right there in public? And Trump was complaining about Clinton’s server?

  85. I’m still catching up on all the crazy stuff happening. The news cycle is insanely fast these days; and I can only stomach the comedy bits on late night shows.

    Both Mara Lago and Michael Flynn should be calling for impeachment hearings under “normal times.”

  86. Not sure about the rest of you, but I’ve noticed that my social media is dead. Fewer people are posting here. Fewer people are posting on my Facebook. It seems that people are just tired from the news cycle, and it’s been less than a month.

  87. Social media has been non-stop crazy since the election, and even worse after the inauguration. It’s so polarized now and everybody’s angry for no reason and any reason. lol

  88. Things going quiet are a good sign. Radio silence and discipline is something people don’t abide by unless they feel there is a good reason.

    The question is… do they know why or are Americunts just jackasses?

  89. Temp token contractor is considered progress to racists like Chr who only look at skin color, eye shape and hair structure? GOP is just more blatant racist than DNC covert racists.

  90. There’s not much that I agree with when it comes to Trump, but this was not one of those things.

  91. Man, don’t write when you have a neck pinched nerve. What I meant was that I agree with what trump did, despite the fact that I don’t Want a confrontation with Russia

  92. Hey, who said Trump would be bad for the media? He is the best thing for freedom of the press, because now they might actually use it against the people in power. The news media needs to be very careful now. One problem with the news has always been that in order to be timely, the whole story might not be told. One of the problems is that once you have a narrative in your head, and are highly motivated to break the case, you can mess things up big. Police investigators can get in trouble when they think they know exactly what happened, the same thing can happen when everyone in the news room thinks they are Woodward and Bernstein. Heck, the Washington Post has “Democracy Dies in the Darkness” just underneath their name on their web page. Their motivations are telegraphed, do you think they are in the frame of mind to take Richard Feynman’s advice, “the easiest person to fool is yourself.”

    The only thing right now I can really say is Trump is incompetent to govern, but to me that was pretty evident during the campaign. Right now do you think the news if fair enough to gage the difference between the maleficence of Obama vs Trump? Could have Trump colluded with the Russians? Sure. Could you have the same coverage if people wanted to do a character assassination of Trump? Sure. If you had a better functioning administration you might have collusion, and no one would ever really be tipped off to it. At this point, it is hard to know what is true, false and hyperbole. Also with the need for relying on leakers so much, how can you know what is being slanted and distorted?

    This matters a lot, because if Trump is impeached then what happens? If a lot of this seems to be hyperbole, the news will be discredited. I don’t think you will have anything as clear cut as Watergate. You will also end with a lot of pissed off people. When people are pissed, they will not mind damage themselves if they can damage others. My hope with Trump was that it would wear out the the populist right, but it could end up making them a bigger problem later. I suppose the good thing is that it would end up hurting the populist left.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *