In the minds of those on the Left and Right extremes

Женщина (means “woman” in Russian) wrote a comment about people on the political extremes. She wrote:

The fact that this whole rollercoaster 2016 year, and before, literally feels like Horseshoe Theory in action. In many ways, what are the alt-right and “sjw” left, but mirror images of each other? They’re finally meeting each other. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction :/

I couldn’t agree more. Over the past year, I’ve compared the Trumpkins with Black Lives Matter many times. They really are mirror images of one another–both living in irrational fear and racist hatred to the point that ethics and truth no longer matter to them. I also agree with the article that Женщина linked which argues that the Far Left created the alt-right. I read The Closing of the American Mind in college, and I knew even back then that someday there would have to be a backlash to extreme liberal closemindedness and intolerance. But I never imagined it would be this bad. You can read Женщина’s comment, but I wanted to create a separate blog post, since it’s one of the most problematic issues that we’ll have to confront for at least the next decade or two.

Alt-right types, from my experience, are usually raised with extreme conservative values. They are told from a young age that they are special, that people of their race, religion, or group did everything worth doing, and that they’ve lost control over their own civilization. Oftentimes hapas, coming from White fathers and Asian mothers, are taught similar values, that they are special because they’re half-Asian and half-Master Race, thereby setting the expectations high. These people, growing up with a fierce sense of entitlement, struggle when they realize that more often than not, they’re just like everyone else. They’re not any more special, more powerful, or more intelligent. Faced with this reality, they deny reality, insisting that they’re victims of discrimination. After all, if they came from such superior stock, why are they having problems getting recognized?

The Far Left is similar. Many Leftists don’t begin life as Leftists, but when they go to college, they fall under the sway of extreme liberal academics. They develop the habit of blaming everything on Whitey and Chang. They recite the mantra that everything White is evil, and everything Black or Muslim is good, and that Chang leeches off the people who matter. If they’re not getting what they want, it’s because of the Power Structure. The dynamic is similar to the alt-right: reality hits them, they realize that they’re just like everyone else, and they refuse to accept it. If they’re not getting ahead, it must be because Whitey robbed them or Immigrant Chang opened a dry cleaner in the poorer and blacker area of town (where they themselves would never dare to go, even though they can’t stop talking about poor black people).

In both cases, the main problem is inflexibility and the denial of reality. Those on the Far Right cling stubbornly to the past, or more accurately, they cling to an inaccurate mythology that things were really good in the past when Whites benefited from extreme racism. Not all of the Far Right are racist, but they seek to restore the past’s hierarchies. They blame their own failures on liberal policy. They can’t see that the world has changed. Technology has changed the world. Climate change is a reality, as is the knowledge-based economy, as is the world’s rapidly expanding economy. There’s no “going back” because the world is no longer the same. Math matters.

Those on the Far Left live in fear. They live in a world of tribal affinities where numbers and logic defer to emotion. In their world, numbers exist only to help them reach a certain end and were never objective in nature, which is why it’s okay to lie. They see how Immigrant Chang’s kids have really high SAT scores, so obviously the test must be racist. Since Whitey created the test, they all know who’s ultimately to blame. Bottom line, according to the extreme Leftist, is that merit has no meaning and so why bother taking any kind of responsibility for one’s life? It’s easier just to complain and demand a safe space and some affirmative action to keep Chang out of power.

If you’re a rational moderate, it’s very hard to talk to people on the extremes. It’s good to talk to people with differences in opinion, but when someone insists that two plus two equals five, it’s hard to really build a meaningful dialogue. Yes, it’s easy to have entertaining dialogue. The extremists are the ones who grab all the headlines because of the wacky things they say. But in the end, it’s dangerous for all of us. A world of fear and propaganda is not a world where people can become their best.

76 thoughts on “In the minds of those on the Left and Right extremes

  1. http://abovethelaw.com/2016/09/could-a-legal-love-triangle-scuttle-scotus-hopes-for-this-leading-jurist/

    “So in some ways it’s surprising to see Goodwin Liu, who has up to this point lived A Perfect Life, jeopardizing his SCOTUS chances for the sake of romance. If the Goodwin Liu from his Yale Law School days could see the Goodwin Liu of today, separating from his well-connected wife to romance a former student of his, he’d probably be horrified. A graduate of YLS doesn’t let marital troubles get in the way of professional ambition — just ask Bill and Hillary Clinton.”

  2. “The dynamic is similar to the alt-right: reality hits them, they realize that they’re just like everyone else, and they refuse to accept it. If they’re not getting ahead, it must be because Whitey robbed them or Immigrant Chang opened a dry cleaner in the poorer and blacker area of town.”
    I’m confused with the above quote.
    You said that the leftists think Chang leeches off people that matter. Can you elaborate on that ? maybe give some examples.

  3. @Kylie,

    “Leeching by AZNs” would probably include immigrant owned storefronts in “undeserved neighborhoods.”

    @Bryon,

    Great article. You forgot to include the propensity of proponents of this mixed race Asian dynamic also covet the hapa beauty myth, especially Eurasian beauty. Sad.

  4. I noticed this from the Left extreme too:

    This small guy squeaks and extrapolates from every incident to have some kind of more dire value.

    One elderly woman was pushed unto the tracks by a darker skinned racist, where she was subsequently hit by a train, and then dismembered more cruelly than you could imagine. She did not die immediately and lingered for more than two hours between diminishing consciousnesses: how could people do this to her? The paramedics, doctors and other rescuers could not do much. They knew as much when they saw her injuries. Between surrender, outrage and anger, her last thoughts and moments in this life would have been implacable by sympathy or sorrow, and not even by human justice.

    This quisling squeaking male Leftist voice then implies that every Asian is at threat. For him thought it’s just another throwaway moment, just another moment that he himself avoided by avoiding danger and being invisible. The misfortunes of others are of great propaganda value. No effort is put into bringing this SINGLE instance of injustice into justice. His job is only to bring you the news, to share the fear, while he himself lives like a simpering rat.

    This small rat avoided standing near the yellow lines in the train station. He also avoided publicly informing other targets of the dangers of standing too close. He waited and watched as the aged immigrants, as the ones with less language ability, and less information networks, bought the beautiful lies of the white man, parted with their ancestral money, and were then preyed upon as a result. Then they became lessons to ingrain fear and outrage, and the knowledge of how it came to be became lost in the first place.

    All Asians who identify as “liberal” or “progressive” and who adopt the language are GARBAGE. They must be sent to the dumpster.

  5. By the way, about the Goodwin Liu/Jane Kim thing…it’s times like this that I miss Keon. I just know he’d say something really really funny that everyone could laugh at, including Goodwin and Jane.

  6. What are your thoughts on an Asian-American male SCOTUS prospect in a marital scandal leaving his influential Caucasian wife for his former student? How does it fit into your “Asian Female Celebrity Club” theory? It seems, a large % of politically influential or famous Asian-American men seem to marry white females (with some leaving for Asian females).

    Thanks.

  7. Haha!

    Well, I don’t know about the specific case because it looks like they were having problems beforehand. In other words, it looks like he didn’t leave his wife for the former student; it looks like he was separated and just began dating the former student.

    I think a largER percentage of rich Asian men marry White women, but they still mostly marry Asian women. I think that’s going to be the case no matter what. Again, I don’t know if it’s related to the celebrities in question, but in general, Asian men are unable to give up on Asian women. I called it “The Invisible Chain.”

    http://www.bigwowo.com/2010/05/asian-women-and-the-invisible-chain/

    In that post, I related it to physical attraction, but now that we’re talking about cultures, there’s probably some of that too.

  8. “I think a largER percentage of rich Asian men marry White women, but they still mostly marry Asian women.”

    Not rich, I said politically influential or famous Asian-Americans. There’s a key difference, that being that the latter 2 makes them more recognizable among the American circles.

    Asian-Males marrying out is noticeable among those recognizable/famous among the mainstream (meaning they’re popular at things white people really care about like football or sports). Just off the top of my head:

    Famous: Joe Hahn, Mike Shinouda from Linkin Park, Will Yun Lee (CBS), Daniel Wu (AMC), Richard Park and any other NHL Hockey player of Asian descent, Dat Nguyen (NFL).

    If you look into US politics, where the circles are affluent and white, you’ll see even more Asian males married to white females. It seems they marry out at a very high rate (and for a few of those examples, left for Asian females).

    Also, Goodwin Liu (he’s deserving of potentially being on the Supreme Court, but relationships are a big part of politics), the article linked shows a text that states why their marriage ended–because he was with Jane Kim. There are white females that date or are hesitant to date Asian males, because they think they’ll leave her for an Asian girl eventually (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/fashion/modern-love-breaking-our-parents-rules-for-love.html?_r=0)

    How does this correlate with Asian female celebrities dating out? If Constance Wu is seen as a hypocrite, then are Asian-American politicians who date out hypocrites? There are more powerful Asian-American male politicians than female ones, and they date out. Is there then an “Asian-American Male Politician/Athlete Club”?

  9. I read that text in the article, but it looked like O’Leary said it wasn’t the case. It sounded like they were having issues beforehand, and that the marriage officially entered the point of no-return after Jane Kim (dating someone else will tend to do that). It didn’t sound like she caught them cheating. I think this is quite typical, by the way. I know people who get separated and then begin dating other people, and yes, that’s usually when the marriage is officially (though not legally) over.

    We can talk about fame. The most famous Asian American male athlete in history, Michael Chang, married an Asian woman. The two biggest Asian American actors today, Daniel Dae Kim and John Cho, are both married to Asian women. The richest man in LA, Patrick Soon-Shiong, who gives tons of money to charity and is covered often by media, married Asian. The most famous Asian American tech guy in history, Jerry Yang, married Asian. The top Asian American media columnist today, Jeff Yang, married Asian. I’m not saying that the outmarriage rate is not higher than average–it is higher than the general population–but I still think it tilts towards the Invisible Chain.

    In politics, I think the in-marriage rate among Asian American men is still high. John Liu married Asian, as did Sam Yoon, as did Ed Lee, as did our most famous politician, Dan Inouye. Among politicians, it probably creeps a bit higher than the merely famous because you need those votes. Still, I don’t think it crosses the 50% mark, or even the 70% mark. It’s different from the Asian Female Celebrity Club.

    By the way, I don’t think Constance Wu is a hypocrite. She doesn’t live the lifestyle. If I say, “You should run because it’s good for your health” and I don’t run, it’s not because I’m a hypocrite. It’s just that I’m not living the lifestyle.

  10. I disagree with the article’s point that non-Asian women wouldn’t “have our backs any better.” A lot of liberal, non-Asian women from the Westcoast are very in-tune with Asian-American issues. It was Rachel Bloom who wrote the part for an Asian male in Crazy Ex-girlfriend and spoke about why in interviews. A lot of the best roles for Asian males are written by white people.

    A white female who is a liberal type from Berkeley who works HR, and grew up in San Fran will be far more sympathetic than a similar Asian female.

  11. “we didn’t engage him because he was suicidal at the time”
    Did you even care that he was suicidal ? Did you help him thru that tough time ? What is wrong with you ? I know he’s luckier than you to be a hapa, but he’s still a human being. Show some COMPASSION.

  12. Kyrie,

    Go fuck yourself.

    Anonymous,

    I’m on the fence with what you just said. The guy who said that eventually married a White woman, and they’re very happy.

    The issue I see is this: a white woman, in every sense of the word, is still an outsider from the perspective of Asian American culture. If you or I married a Black woman, could we contribute to the cause? We might be cognizant of what Black people go through, but because we don’t experience it, we’re outsiders. This limits the kind of output that we can contribute.

  13. Anonymous detractor wrote:

    How does this correlate with Asian female celebrities dating out? If Constance Wu is seen as a hypocrite, then are Asian-American politicians who date out hypocrites? There are more powerful Asian-American male politicians than female ones, and they date out. Is there then an “Asian-American Male Politician/Athlete Club”?

    I’m slow, but I fail to see the connection between Goodwin Liu and Constance Wu. Even before that article was posted nobody hardly ever mentioned Goodwin Liu and what’s his “racial politics” in terms of APIA issues?

    You acknowledge Constance Wu is a celebrity that gains more media attention and lots of hoopla in recent months over the media controversies because she suddenly went from only pro-AF to pro-Asians in the media and the Jenn Fang and Philip Chung crowd is making mountains out of anthills over somehow toxic masculine sexist AMs are putting her down and criticizing her for her PERSONAL dating choices. To the contrary, in reality most people have been somewhat indifferent towards her dating partners and only spoke out that the pattern of Haolewood power structure of neo-colonialism AF/WM couples only reinforces the structural racism and not help her case of supposedly unabashed gungho pro-Asians, for all Asians, in the media.

    Meanwhile, Goodwin Liu haven’t sought out the limelight, seemingly and is still unknown at this point and unfortunately probably will remain unknown and won’t get the nomination either. Plus, there’s no history of Liu claiming to be entirely pro-Asian representation (career suicide for lawyers) nor Liu trying to clamor for “hashtag activism” media attention. There’s no “personal is political” with Liu in terms of his white spouse somewhat “undermines” his message; because he doesn’t even have the message to start with.

    The closest choice you might claim is Mr. James Lamb-Fang’s favorite infamous whipping boy: Arthur Chu. However, he’s squarely in your SJW circle and whatever imaginary “hypocrisy” you imagine is on your SJWs.

  14. “Anonymous” wrote:

    A lot of liberal, non-Asian women from the Westcoast are very in-tune with Asian-American issues. It was Rachel Bloom who wrote the part for an Asian male in Crazy Ex-girlfriend and spoke about why in interviews. A lot of the best roles for Asian males are written by white people.

    I definitely agree with this sentiment. lol The most famous WF Asiaphile is Marguerite Duras with her numerous books and adapted movies.

    However, for Rachel Bloom, I’m not surprised the casting for “Chang” is a gay Filipino dude because the gestalt of Haolewood propaganda making is still the same old tropes against hetero breeder AMs.

    http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/crazy-ex-girlfriend-vincent-rodriguez-loves-disney-husband.html

    But what I especially take offense to in your comment is that: “a lot of the best roles for Asian males are written by white people.” While I definitely agree with this sentiment on many levels, it’s still a matter that Asians have no power nor say in how our images are being depicted: primarily racist caricatures for US and Haolewood propaganda purposes. And while more Asian Americans behind the camera can help to resolve the problem, most of them are simply happy to get paid gaudy sums of money for their luxury penthouses. Don’t rock the boat and never bite the hand that feeds you. ^_~

    Which is why it’s extremely important to support pro-Asian media with your dollars. I personally think Ben Efsaneyim’s “Legend of Fu” is too fantastical and has that white woman worshiping issue, but nonetheless still worthy of support because of what his blog is doing for nuanced essays on Asian American issues.

    You could support some of the AF authors that bigWOWO has mentioned if you’re a SJW. At the end of the day whether or not it’s the SJW Kingston Tan narrative that’s supported by the mainstream media, it’s still coming from an Asian American perspective.

  15. bigWOWO on September 7, 2016 at 9:44 pm said:
    Kyrie,

    Go fuck yourself.

    Come on man. Really ? I feel for the guy, he was a victim of his own racism. His racist parents fucked him up in his head real good. He was so depressed of looking a bit like asian that he considered committing suicide.
    Byron, your problem is you don’t understand the other side, your real enemy. The white christian conservatives, the white values, the white pride.
    Looking a bit like asian could get someone suicidal. Think about that for a moment…… yes you asian men are in deep shit because the white (or mainstream) society deems you as inferior and it’s perfectly ok and no one is even fighting for you.
    I don’t want to be political incorrect here, but your capcha is math. Really, for an asian blog ??? And you whine about stereotypes.

  16. “Meanwhile, Goodwin Liu haven’t sought out the limelight, seemingly and is still unknown at this point and unfortunately probably will remain unknown and won’t get the nomination either. ”

    No, not “limelight” among the masses. But “limelight” among lawyers, Ivy league grads, politicians. You know, people that matter a lot, white and Asian people that matter a lot. Being “unknown” but a Supreme Court Judge in California (the most populated state) is a very good position to be in. Sorry, doesn’t matter if Joe Schmoe or some rando liberal/conservative Asian-American blogger doesn’t know who he is, as long as the Clintons do that’ll make him more “status” in the US.

    Aardvark,

    WTF does it matter if the actor is gay if he’s a good actor, he plays his assigned role of the westcoast good-looking Asian bro type believably and females watching the show find him attractive. WTF is wrong with you?

  17. Kyrie, who do you expect to fool with that fake sanctimony?

    Did you actually think you “won points” with your “pointed” and sartoric comments? Your words have that esteem only in your own head.

    The facts are like this: you are an anonymous guy making throwaway comments in a passive aggressive manner, consistently. Nothing forces you to read this blog for as long as you have, so it suggests that your attraction here is personal and beyond what the blog reasonably effects on the wider population.

    You have a grudge, you need to “win”, but you’d have trouble explaining what it is you need to triumph over and what it is that makes this little space you despise so special.

    You spend so much time trying at sarcasm, but your points are not clear they are often oblique. You get zero feedback so your affirmation exists only in your own mind, that your “sardonic” comments (in your own mind) have been published in the first place, at the grace of this blog’s owner, must therefore have been seen, therefore it vindicates your pithy attempts.

    This is very pathetic. It’s different if you have something to say. You just don’t. Not of anything substantial or of value.

    Byron should show you no mercy. Enough information has been collected about yourself to satisfy the requirements of retaliation. We can disappear every comment you make and nobody would notice, and nobody would care. You will become invisible and it does not hurt our credibility. We will make you feel what it truly means to be a non-person, online and outside. 🙂

  18. Anonymous the James Lamb lackey wrote:

    No, not “limelight” among the masses. But “limelight” among lawyers, Ivy league grads, politicians. You know, people that matter a lot, white and Asian people that matter a lot. Being “unknown” but a Supreme Court Judge in California (the most populated state) is a very good position to be in. Sorry, doesn’t matter if Joe Schmoe or some rando liberal/conservative Asian-American blogger doesn’t know who he is, as long as the Clintons do that’ll make him more “status” in the US.

    And who voted for these people if the supposed voter turn outs are accurate? But that’s a separate discussion…

    If Liu matters, then where has he ever written anything unabashedly pro-Asian like Constance Wu’s tweets? If he has, how does he ever remain in office?

    Contrary to you and Mr. Fang racist rhetoric, these political types never go into racial politics unless they think they can get away with it: in CA where Asians are nowhere near plurality.

    Your false ANECDOTES is just to inflate DISINGENUOUS points to draw comparisons where it DOES NOT FIT.

    WTF does it matter if the actor is gay if he’s a good actor, he plays his assigned role of the westcoast good-looking Asian bro type believably and females watching the show find him attractive. WTF is wrong with you?

    Seriously, WTF is wrong with you being James Lamb’s lackey without any chutzpah of your own? Do you quote Jenn Fang and Mr. Fang’s quotes verbatim like Skeet does in order to curry favors with lackey of the month award or something?

    You’re not a “bro” because you’d rather perpetuate racist tropes like Jenn Fang’s disgusting toxic hashtags rather than question why does the media at every turn attempt to make the gay AM trope it can.

    I got nothing against Rodriguez’s private life and choice of spouse (WM), but the fact remains IN REALITY shows like TMZ and tabloids gossip about their private lives for a reason, because it generates memes to brainwash the “social collective consciousness” in ways to manipulate public behaviors and thoughts. You SJWs can’t deny this about the media or else you have to go tell Jenn Fang to pipe down about John Cho’s comments.

    No doubt, rather than call out James Lamb’s homophobia and deflection you’re going to make a Strawman about me being homophobic.

  19. “Plus, there’s no history of Liu claiming to be entirely pro-Asian representation (career suicide for lawyers) nor Liu trying to clamor for “hashtag activism” media attention.”

    “Contrary to you and Mr. Fang racist rhetoric, these political types never go into racial politics unless they think they can get away with it: in CA where Asians are nowhere near plurality.”

    Actually, it was an Asian-American Judge that spared Peter Liang jail time. He also reduced Peter Liang’s charge.

    So Asian-American political types will get into “racial politics” or be pro-Asian rights. They just do it in a much more intellectual manner than most people here or reappropriate or angryasianman.

  20. Anonymous the Jams Lamb-Fang lackey fan wrote:

    Actually, it was an Asian-American Judge that spared Peter Liang jail time. He also reduced Peter Liang’s charge.

    So Asian-American political types will get into “racial politics” or be pro-Asian rights.

    How’s Chun, a NYC Korean-American judge, got to do with Liu, a CA state court Chinese-American judge, got to do with one another and the fact they serve in drastic different aspects of the legal system is beyond me. But I’m guessing it’s because your racist agenda says: they’re both AMs so by association this discussion will lump all AMs together. Confucius says: you racist is as racist does.

    And what sorts of Fang-xplaining are you using to say that Chun “reduced Peter Liang’s charge” when it’s actually Thompson the DA bowing down to political pressure?

    http://nypost.com/2016/04/19/nypd-cop-peter-liang-gets-community-service-for-killing-akai-gurley/

    Your SJW racist agenda stinks when there’s obvious spin doctoring and distortion of facts going for news that’s not even half-a-year old!

  21. “And what sorts of Fang-xplaining are you using to say that Chun “reduced Peter Liang’s charge” when it’s actually Thompson the DA bowing down to political pressure?”

    The Judge reduced the charge to negligent homicide.

  22. Aardvark the dumbass says…

    I don’t want to paste his words.

    Am i the only one who thinks Aardvarks opening to quotes are annoying? It distracts me from what he is trying to say. So have you seen MY CRAZY EX GIRLFRIEND? The guy isn’t played gay. If he was played emasculated, I understand so what you are saying is all hetero roles should go to hetero guys and vice versa.
    It takes googling to find out. I had no idea till you mentioned it and I don’t think it should matter.
    So you think he was only cast cause he’s gay. That’s a reach my friend.
    I think you probably are secretly attracted to him and wanted to know if he was married or not.

    I think Snoopy and his wife are “out there” for sure as they don’t show much compassion for what some people here are trying to say but some of the things you say are just as wacky.

  23. BTW: This actor on the show

    Rene Gube is engaged to Briga Heelan. Not sure if they still are.

    Maybe in your world he should have been cast as the boyfriend since he’s straight or we think he is at least.

    I know i’m making light of the situation but I don’t think you guys are going to get support from most people saying crazy stuff like this.

  24. Anonymous the Fang-xplaining lackey wrote:

    The Judge reduced the charge to negligent homicide.

    Cool. If you’re going to be that kind of petulant about it. This is your quote from above:

    Actually, it was an Asian-American Judge that spared Peter Liang jail time. He also reduced Peter Liang’s charge.

    While this is technically true, it’s at the request of the DA Ken Thompson. Your attempt at spin doctoring to associate Chun with Liu is simply DISINGENUOUS and racist distortion of the facts at its worst.

  25. Talisdon the Fang-xplaining James Lamb lackey wrote:

    Am i the only one who thinks Aardvarks opening to quotes are annoying? It distracts me from what he is trying to say. So have you seen MY CRAZY EX GIRLFRIEND? The guy isn’t played gay. If he was played emasculated, I understand so what you are saying is all hetero roles should go to hetero guys and vice versa.
    .
    .
    .
    So you think he was only cast cause he’s gay. That’s a reach my friend.
    I think you probably are secretly attracted to him and wanted to know if he was married or not.

    Have you seen Star Trek? Sulu is depicted as gay, but if he’s emasculated I understand what you’re saying they’re robbing a gay actor of a prominent gay role and you have a third leg to stand on. But you’re attempts at insipid homophobia-shaming is flaccid at best and impotent at worst.

    If you question whether I even watch Crazy-Ex and say that I don’t know the show (which is true), then how are you even logically connecting me to being a closet gay when I don’t even watch it. It’s more of your racist homophobia at work there and your attempts to deflect your own gay tendencies – see what I did there.

    I know i’m making light of the situation but I don’t think you guys are going to get support from most people saying crazy stuff like this.

    One of your overlord James Lamb-Fang’s favorite logical fallacies: appeal to the masses with your racist lies and spin doctoring. Keep at it and people know your SJWs narrative is just shoddy and nothing but lies and hypocrisy.

  26. Judging by this site, you would get the impression that all Chinese-Americans are just boring ass people, or insufferable pricks. Aardvark and Sengge Rinchen are perfect examples.

  27. @Wilson,

    Thanks for your input. Nobody cares about you. Don’t let the door hit your lard ass on the way out. ^_^

    Have a great Smurfy Sunday!

  28. Pingback: Lionel Shriver’s plea for moderation | bigWOWO

  29. Alt-right types, from my experience, are usually raised with extreme conservative values. They are told from a young age that they are special, that people of their race, religion, or group did everything worth doing, and that they’ve lost control over their own civilization. Oftentimes hapas, coming from White fathers and Asian mothers, are taught similar values, that they are special because they’re half-Asian and half-Master Race, thereby setting the expectations hig

    It is probably hard for you to believe that there are many Chinese immigrants support Donald Trump. In oversea Chinese online websites and Wechat groups, there are a lot more people supporting Trump than Clinton, and they support Trump with enthusiasm. This election is really special.

  30. In last two elections, there were a lot more Chinese immigrants supported Obama than Republican candidates.

  31. At a guess, I think the Chinese immigrant enthusiasm for Trump has something to do with Clinton being perceived as anti-China (ie: human rights accusations). If not, Trump’s business credentials might be a selling point for Chinese immigrants, who tend to be high economic status.

  32. Kiwi,

    Not really. From what I see, people are pushed to Trump because Democratis have gone too far to the left. A lot of people are really pissed off by the progressives.

  33. I agree with ChineseMom. Chinese immigrants are annoyed by the Far Left. It’s like it says in the OP; the Leftists created Trump. I believe it.

  34. That’s where I’m confused because Clinton is known for being one of the most far right Democratic presidential candidates you could ever ask for. In any case, Chinese immigrants I know who usually support the Republican Party have mostly been turned off by Trump and won’t be voting in this election. From what I’ve heard, they think he’s too screwy, unpredictable, and anti-immigrant. The few who support Trump so far don’t seem to follow politics that much to begin with, anyway, and are just going along with what their church leaders told them.

  35. What you said are partly true. Trump voters aren’t traditional Republicans. I have a Chinese friend who voted for Republican for many years. She thinks Trump is a joke and he destroyed the chance for a Republican to be elected as the President. But in Chinese language websites and Wechat groups where people talk about the election, Trump’s supporters overwhelmed Clinton’s supporters from very beginning, many of them supported Democrat before or registered to vote for the first time, and they are the ones who support Trump with enthusiasm. One of the major reasons for them to support Trump is that they want to stop this country going further to the left. You can go on any website or Wechat group at any moment, you will find people say this is their reason to support Trump. So Clinton isn’t the problem, the political correctness and progressives are.

    At the end of last year, I still thought he was a joke. By early March, I believed he would win Republican nomination. With all the flaws he has, all the mistakes he has made, all the hits he has taken and unfriendly media treatment to him, he still managed to be tied with Clinton in polls at this moment, I think he really has good chance to be the next President.

  36. For me, Trump is one of those examples where the medicine is worse than the disease. He should thank the Far Left for his rise.

  37. Really, a google web forms doc of Chinese voting for Trump? Even Ramakrishnan isn’t so brazen at lying to such extents.

    Also, wasn’t anybody paying attention to the start of the “debate” where Trump dump on China and Chinese people for stealing jobs?

  38. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that individuals have nothing to do with their race; and this is very hard to keep in mind in our daily lives. There are sub-cultures and differences of opinions in USofA for sure, but ultimately it’s about individuals and not stereotypes of skin color and professions.

    They need to showcase this type of news more often in the media, but it doesn’t generate controversy and advertising dollars for the corporations so they won’t tell these human interest stories that show there are still lots of good people in the world:

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/traffic-stop-cop-drives-man-225700541.html

  39. aardvark,

    Yeah, I’m such a crazy Trump fan that I made up that Google doc just for the purpose to misguide you.

  40. @chinesemom,

    You totally misunderstood me; I’m not saying you have the capability to generate such fake docs, but that there are extremists (Chinese American or otherwise) who would go to lower tactics than even Ramakrishnan to lie and distort reality to suit their political agendas.

    I actually just finished the debate and Trump is nothing but anti-Chinese racist, and you’re voting for him?

  41. What’s the matter aardvark? You have a problem with straw polls? Or just polls that don’t cleave to your ideology?

  42. aardvark,

    I didn’t misunderstand you. You assumed that either I made up the poll or I’m too stupid to tell if the poll is fake or not.

    To Chinese immigrants, Democrats are the real Anti-Chinese racists, and they are institutional. California’s SCA5 and AB1726 are the proofs.

  43. From a Chinese immigrant perspective, it could easily seem rational to vote for Trump. As ChineseMom says, the Democrats have had policies that are racist towards Asians and destructive towards black people. It’s the same reason that Oshay Duke Jackson is supporting Trump.

    I’m mostly against Trump because of temperament and competency. He’s got a poor temperament, and he’s incompetent. Plus, he has no experience. I can easily see him failing at the job and then blaming other people and lying about what really happened.

  44. If I were to vote based on single issues, Trump would be tempting (if he wasn’t so incompetent and untrustworthy) given his proclaimed stance on H1B visas. However, there is just too much that is wrong with him and who he panders to. I have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary– who at the very least is competent where it would matter.

  45. That’s pretty much the common sentiment for the big joke this year: Clinton is the lesser evil. Democrats don’t have APIA interests at heart, but Trump and the GOP are just flat out racists.

    When you listen to the “debate” it’s obviously clear that Trump only cares about himself and his cronies and only wants tax cuts for the rich, ie. himself.

    I’m very in favor of Jill Stein right now, but Green Party is just single issues. It’s just sad the US political system is a joke to the rest of the world, except for our foreign policies. lol

  46. @chinesemom,

    I didn’t misunderstand you. You assumed that either I made up the poll or I’m too stupid to tell if the poll is fake or not.

    Prove to me how you’re better than Jenn Fang and Karthik Ramakrishnan with such biased and untrustworthy poll from a google doc.

  47. I’m not going to vote for anyone in this election.

    I think Clinton will lead the US continue on this fast track to a multicultural brown country, a significantly weakened country which will be good for the future of China. I believe the multicultural brown America will be a bankrupt country plagued by race wars and ruled by mobs like these sjw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6gYIlAAPA), and democracy will stop working.

    Trump has many problems and is hard to predict. But I think he should be able to accomplish at least two things: appointing a couple of not too liberal judges to the Supreme Court and securing the border. This will put a brake on the train that is currently moving too fast to the left.

  48. Regardless of my disdain for your political shenanigans, you should definitely vote, chinesemom. APIAs don’t have a voice precisely because you don’t exercise your rights as a US citizen.

  49. Extremists are folks with constant penchant to physically/verbally attack people, they can be the far-left, alt-right, centrist, or anywhere on the political line.

    Extremists are folks who consistently demonstrate great lengths resorting to mass attacks or personal attacks to push their political agenda. In the real life world, extremists are the terrorists, mass shooters, knife wielding attackers, hostile racists or homophobes hurling slurs at people, etc.

    In the online cyber world, the extremists are the raging cyberbullies, the triggered far-left alt-right SJW continuously to butthurt outrage & crybully, the blind party partisan worshipers incessantly harass their opponents, extremists hurl political ad hominem attacks at others, the hostile judgmental narcissists’ agenda to pigeonhole racial groups, extremists go the extra mile slapping labels to categorize people, extremists are the ultra political correctness censorship zealots fling snide remarks at people, et al.

    Extremists are not exclusive to the far-left or alt-right, radical behaviors can extend to anyone in the center political line who often whine, complain, belittle to tactically smear campaign the opponents, the Left attacks the Right, the Right attacks the Left, the Center attacks both. Being centrists do not immune themselves of extreme tactless vulgarity attacks toward other people.

  50. Agree, except for the fact that I don’t know if it’s possible to be an extreme centrist. Centrists can usually understand at least some of the arguments of the extremists, and so for us, there’s never a reason to get personal.

  51. http://www.bigwowo.com/2016/11/some-optimism-after-the-election/#comment-325941

    This is what you wrote in your other article about identity politics. “Liberals should bear in mind that the first identity movement in American politics was the Ku Klux Klan, which still exists. Those who play the identity game should be prepared to lose it.”

    You are correct, if you were talking about minorities by ethnicities as together they only account for about 37% of the population, so the majority always win. This where American politics come into play, any indication from the 8 years of Obama administration has proved anything, is that it proved minorities CAN win. When American politics come into play instead of just racial groups, the political game becomes a 50-50% win-loss chance, any side can win it. Before the Obama administration was Bill Clinton’s 8 years.

    American politics is dirty, to win it both sides must play dirty, there’s no other choice. Both Hillary Clinton and Trump went all out, they gave low jabs and low blows to each other, Trump being the dirtiest player ever rised to the top as the victor. The lesser of two evils lost.

    The rationale stated above is one of the reasons why for the hopeful Centrists to have any chance of winning an election in the future, to have a Centrism candidate successfully winning the Presidency in the future, they have to play the dirty political game as well. Centrists have to get extreme and radical just like the Left and Right, that’s the only way to win.

    Even Centrists who have written books, articles, websites, and blogs have self labeled themselves as “Radical”.

    Books:

    The Radical Center: The Future of American Politics
    https://www.amazon.com/Radical-Center-Future-American-Politics/dp/0385720297

    Radical Middle: The Politics We Need Now
    https://www.amazon.com/Radical-Middle-Politics-Need-Now/dp/0813341906/ref=pd_sbs_14_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5TP2D5KH6MNJ8AWRJRRQ

    Websites:

    Radical Centrist Principles and Values
    https://radicalcentrism.org/

    Radical Centrist – Opinion and analysis for independent thinkers
    http://www.radical-centrist.us/

    Blogs:

    It’s now up here at the Radical Centrist.
    http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/tag/radical-centrist?doing_wp_cron=1480369959.1924788951873779296875

    25 Great Radical Centrist Political Blogs and Article Collections
    http://www.radicalmiddle.com/weblogs.htm

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_centrism

  52. Hello guys,

    There are Extreme Moderates too.

    Extremism is not a position on the political line. There are extremism at any point/position on the political line.

    Far Left people are obsessed with Left wing politics, therefore they are extreme.

    Far Right people are obsessed with Right wing politics, therefore they are extreme.

    Far Moderate people are obsessed with Moderate politics, therefore they are extreme.

    When moderates coerce people to see things their way, to join their Moderate movement, they are extremists.
    Coercing people to join Moderates, to make their Moderate movement more powerful.
    Kinda like those radical religious evangelists who convert people to join their religions (Muslim or Christian).

    Far Moderates, Radical Moderates, Extreme Moderates are those who use extreme language to attack people they don’t agree with.

    Far Moderates are similar to Far Left Liberals in their demeanors, deliveries, and hostilities, the difference is their political viewpoints are polar opposites.

    https://grey.colorado.edu/oreilly/index.php/Extreme_Moderate

    https://www.facebook.com/TheExtremeModerateParty/

    http://www.latimes.com/la-op-fairbanks15apr15-story.html

    http://www.fdbetancor.com/2012/05/12/the-extreme-moderate/

    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/why-im-proud-to-be-an-extreme-moderate-9795768.html

  53. It’s easy to determine how extreme some affiliations are, by the numbers of groups or group they have contempt/disdain for.

    The KKK alt-right supremacists have disdain for Blacks, Jews, Liberals, radical Muslims, and illegal immigrants.

    The Black Lives Matter have disdain for cops.

    The Extreme Moderates have disdain for SJWs.

  54. So having disdain for extremism makes one an extremist? That makes no sense.

    Hey, as I think I said somewhere else, David Brooks has recently been producing his best work. He wrote one about the moderates today. It’s a good one because it explains a lot of what I’ve been experiencing. I’m not at “war” with anyone, but it seems like you can’t talk to an extremist without having him declare war on you.

    Also, I love what he says about facts in his “truth before justice” paragraph. That’s the problem that we have when we debate with extremists–they want the emotion but don’t care about the facts.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/opinion/trump-moderates-bipartisanship-truth.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

  55. I like David Brooks article, that’s what moderates should be. Byron, you can only speak for yourself, you cannot control your followers. Some of your followers are extreme moderates, they do more extreme things than what David Brooks suggested.

    David said “Moderates do not see politics as warfare.”, this I agree with. When the extreme moderates fling around SJW insults, they are engaging in flamewars. When the extreme moderates engage in flame wars with the SJWs, this makes the moderates warriors as well. Fighting extremism with extremism, makes the moderate extremist.

    “So having disdain for extremism makes one an extremist?” Yes, this is no different than the KKK or the BLM I had as examples above. KKK and BLM claimed they have disdain for their nemesis’s extremism as well. The Fangs have disdain for “Toxic hyper masculinity AM” which is an extreme form of masculine. So your definition fits right in with this group.

  56. X, it doesn’t work like that.

    A teacher who hates ignorance or illogical statements isn’t an extremist. Logic and knowledge are one of those things that a sane, rational person can’t get enough of. Detesting SJW indoctrination is the same as detesting illogic and emotional nonsense. There’s nothing extreme about that. If I argued to my math teacher that 2+2=5, and he got angry at me, I wouldn’t consider that extremist. I’d consider that rational.

    I probably do agree with you on the flamewars in theory. But if someone keeps arguing that 2:2=5 or that the principle of scarcity only applies to Whitey and Chang, I don’t blame the logicians who point out the ridiculousness of the statement. I blame the people making the illogical statement.

  57. I probably do agree with you on the flamewars in theory. But if someone keeps arguing that 2:2=5 or that the principle of scarcity only applies to Whitey and Chang, I don’t blame the logicians who point out the ridiculousness of the statement. I blame the people making the illogical statement.

    Absolutely, there’s a huge difference between flamewars vs. just merely pointing out something with logic and facts. Flamewar is stooping to SJW’s level, then that’s an extremist method. Pointing out something with logic and facts are moderate method.

    Tiger parenting, Tiger teaching, spanking, yelling to students are East Asia’s methods of discipline, in the West these are considered extreme methods of teaching, and spanking is illegal.

    Google “Moderate” definition, we got:

    average in intensity, amount, quality, or degree. Make or become less intense, less extreme, less rigorous, or less violent.

    From the Merriam-webster dictionary, moderate defines as

    not violent, severe, or intense

    So flamewar escalates more intensity, while true moderates are supposed to make things less intense.

  58. I’d like to also see the Venn diagrams on “intersectionality studies of race and gender in social justice” for all these Strawman groups.

    I don’t quite buy the anti-misoglinity of obfuscation of language here. ^_^

  59. Prof: Algebra, geometry perpetuate white privilege

    https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10005

    Honestly, is the author just trying to sell a book or does she actually think this will lead to more POC kids taking math?
    Now watch the Asian SJWs start writing articles about how Asian Americans who take calculus is being anti-black or wants to prop up white supremacy or some bullsh!t like that.

  60. Does she really want more POC, or more accurately, URMs, taking math? Or does she want more URMs complaining about how racist math is? I’m guessing it’s the latter. It’s much easier to complain about pi than to actually learn what it stands for. It’s much easier to take a knee than to take a test.

    I really feel sorry for kids these days. There’s just so much crap…coming from professors like this.

  61. I’m surprised they don’t accuse the system of “Jewish supremacy” or “Asian supremacy” since those groups outscore Whites on math tests. Interestingly, in social attitudes surveys, URMs tend to be more anti-Jewish and anti-Asian than Whites so I may not be too far off.

  62. Show me the data that URMs are anti-Jewish. I’ve yet to hear any rampant charges of “anti-semitism” against the URMs.

  63. ADL and forward.com article about anti-semitism? You might as well be quoting Breitbart articles about “anti-WM reverse racism on the rise studies.”

    The most “reputable” public opinion organization might as well be PEW, since it’s what influences public policy and news organizations:

    http://www.pewforum.org/2017/02/15/americans-express-increasingly-warm-feelings-toward-religious-groups/

    The fuzzy numbers and diagram show Jews are perceived as most favorable of religions in USofA.

  64. @ aardvark

    Aww.. you don’t like the finding so you attack the source instead of the methodology. Very scientific! Apparently, ADL is also racist for finding that Arab countries hate Jews more than all other countries.

  65. Yes, good scientific inquiry requires questioning the methodology and source of info. your quote of the ADL and forward.com as “reputable” independent sources of “anti-semitism” just reeks of your racist gweilo agendas.

    Most sociological studies require stringent disclosure of conflicts of interest and funding sources and outlets. Something which your Trump racist agendas fails to mention for obvious racist social engineering policies.

  66. I already pointed out your link to ADL and forward.com has no valid references or any real methodology except for some made up statements.

    Not all of us are like you trolls waiting on the next issue to feint indignities at. Most of us real people got real jobs to deal with.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *